The 32 (meaning 3-cylinder, 2 liters) explained:
Why inverting the engine?
In the cars and motorcycles world, itâs often defined by the term ârevolutionâ, even a banal/minor change in a model that does not add anything special to the state of the art. While since a lot of years we witnessed few real revolutions.
The 32 has been designed to demonstrate a new concept indeed: making a bike fast, beautiful, small, lightweight, sharp in the bends and at the same time, powered by a big displacement engine with a huge torque and power, is possible only inverting the engine.
The 32 Facts:
Nembo Motociclette is a new small Italian motorcycle company based in Rome, Italy. Itâs leaded by Daniele Sabatini, only owner and designer.
The first project of the Nembo Motociclette started in mid of 2009 to create a totally new “naked” sport-bike from empty sheet. The result was the type “32” the first and only motorcycle in the world to mount an engine inverted (or upside down) with the block that replaces the frame and where heads and cylinders are not involved in the structural function.
The inverted inline engines are not new in the history of the engines. Indeed they are a very important element in it. De Havilland, Daimler-Benz and Junkers, for example, built hundreds thousands of them, in the thirties and forties, such as aircraft engines. In particular, the inverted in-line engines powered most of the German fighter aircraft used in World War II.
Production 32 – 2000cc specifications:
- Frame: aluminum billet crankcase, connected to the steering hub by a Cr-Mo steel or aluminum hand welded and CNC machined or carbon fiber layered by hand and vacuum molded body autoclave treated sub-frame.
- Seat frame: Cr-Mo steel Seat sub-frame welded by hand or carbon fiber body layered by hand and vacuum molded body autoclave treated. Ancillary frame components made of billet aluminum and CNC machining.
- Swing-arm: double-layered carbon fiber arms by hand and vacuum molded body treated in an autoclave. with elements from billet CNC machined aluminum, variable length mm 670/690, pivoted directly onto the engine block
- Front wheel, five-spoke 17 x 3.5 carbon fiber hand layered and vacuum molded body treated in an autoclave.
- Rear wheel rim, five spokes 17 x 6.0 carbon fiber hand layered and vacuum molded body treated in an autoclave.
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tire: 190/55 ZR 17 or 200/55 ZR 17
- Front suspension: 50 mm telescopic fork USD
- Rear suspension: prototype air monoshock by Double System / Silvano Bellapadrona expressly for Nembo, CNC machined from billet aluminum
- Front brakes: two 320mm floating Brembo T-drive discs. Brembo radial calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm single disc, two-piston radial caliper Brembo
- Seat height: 80/86 mm, adjustable
- Wheelbase: 1450mm (with 680mm swing-arm)
- Dry weight: 160/170 Kg depending of the chosen components
- Fuel tank: 12 liters. Aluminum hand welded tank
- Oil tank: 5 liters. Aluminum hand welded tank
- Body: carbon fiber hand layered and vacuum molded tilting body treated in an autoclave.
Read more about it here